Sunday, April 22, 2012

Eighty-Eight



 Few of us ever live long enough to have one of these:



It was my mother's eighty-eighth birthday on Friday.  Much to my mother's fury, Adolf Hitler's birthday was the same date, April 20th.

Mum's gentleman friend had stuck Happy Birthday banners on the outside of the windows: (her garden's looking lovely)



My brother cooked a great birthday meal and here's my mother towards the end of it, looking a bit tipsy:



She still managed to blow the candles out, though:


She's very well at the moment, and happier than she's been for a long time.  Her hair still isn't grey, as you can see.  Just as well, as she thinks dyeing your hair is a ridiculous thing to do.

She had a lovely day, and another one yesterday as we all went out for a meal in a restaurant.  I hope she'll continue well and happy for a good while yet.




3 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

Happy birthday to her, Daphne. She looks great.

6:04 pm  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

A very happy birthday to your mum, Daphne!

6:35 pm  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Lovely! Give her a big sloppy kiss from me.

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home